Trade terms and conditions for our model ships, model yachts and model boats
As a manufacturer and wholesaler, we aim cater for trade orders from retailers, internet companies, interior designers etc.
This page therefore outlines our Trade Terms and Conditions.
The table below summarizes the retail price brackets within each of our ranges:
1. We can assumed the following exchange rates for the figures below:
1.5 USD to 1 UK Pound
2. Trade customers are defined as customers holding stock for resale and not for personal use.
3. Our trade quantities and discounts are as follows:
Your initial order is based on the higher of the number of models and the minimum order value.
Thereafter you can order at will and your trade discount will keep increasing, as your account is cumulative.
4. Our terms apply to the nett value of our models excluding packing, delivery and taxes. We do not charge any tax for sales to North America.
5. Packing and delivery is confirmed at the order stage and the packing can be recharged to your end customers as the boxes are Custom made. Delivery rates vary according to type of transportation, order size, weight, etc.
6. Delivery is by our courier service and we provide tracking numbers for all dispatches. Alternatively, delivery can be arranged by sea freight if applicable.
7. New trade accounts are charged a one-off fee of 50GBP to cover our administration costs. This also means you can use the pictures from Premier Ship Models' website with our permission. Please do not use our content from our website under any circumstances as it would interfere with yours' and our advertising strategy.
8. Delivery lead times are confirmed at the time of order, which depends on stock levels. Ship models are normally delivered within 1 week if they are in stock, whilst those out of stock can take up to 12 weeks. This is because most of the ship models are handmade.
9. Drop shipment service is available for our trade customers. Drop shipment refers to orders when the model ship(s) are sent directly to your clients. We can also use your Company labels of these types of orders.
10. The history of our ships is available on each model's page of our web site. These are for your information only and as mentioned above, please do not copy them.
11. As a specialist manufacturer, we believe in supporting our trade customers with as much training and product knowledge as required. Please ask for help, guidance or insight and we will assist you either in person or by phone / skype or email.
12. Our payment terms are 50% of invoice value at the time of order and the balance prior to dispatch.
13. Please note that we accept payments by cheques, credit cards and bank transfers.
14. Premier Ship Models retains title to goods until all invoices are fully paid.
15. There is no automatic right to return goods or cancel orders. Premier Ship Models will charge 20% of the order value in the event that we accept returned goods and cancelled orders. All other associated costs such as freight and courier charges are the responsibility of the sender.
16. We require notification within 24 hours of damaged goods. These must be noted on the courier receipt, and all stock must be retained in original packaging for insurance purposes.
We offer the following assurances to our trade customers:
Our model ships have been thoroughly tried and tested by a large customer base both in the UK and internationally (81 countries and counting so far). They are widely admired for their detail and accuracy and are always extremely popular at shows and exhibitions. Please click here to view our customer feedback, which is 100% genuine and has been volunteered rather than requested.
Low stock holding costs:
The minimum order is the higher of up to 10 models and 1,500 GBP. We do not require you to hold any more stock than your initial order, as we are happy to supply additional stock as and when required, s.t. stock availability. We will accept back-to-back orders, enabling you to minimise your stock holding costs.
Distribution partners welcomed:
We are seeking distributors in overseas territories, and will offer exclusivity once a deal has been agreed. We also offer support, training, marketing material and expertise so if you are looking for a genuine business opportunity please contact us for more information.
Ship model pictures:
Our website provides all the pictures necessary to promote the ship model sales. Clients are always keen to see pictures before deciding on an order. The pictures on our site (apart from the Standard range) are professional quality and you can use them once you have sought our permission. As previously mentioned you are not at liberty to use text from our site. Please contact us if you need assistance with any aspect of promoting ship models for trade purposes.
Packing and postage of our model boats:
Our ship models are pre-packed, in re-useable boxes. This saves labor and re-packing costs. Please see a picture below of the inside of the box.
We can courier the ship models directly to your customers if required. Our trade customers appreciate this service as it means they do not need to become involved in administration, logistics, costs or staffing issues. If a trade customer has a courier account, models can be dispatched from our office using their account.
New boat models:
We regularly update trade customers with details of new models on offer. The range of ship models has increased from about 40 at inception to 400 plus model ships and model yachts! If it is ocean-going vessel we either have made it already, or will custom make it for your clients!
Custom model yachts and model ships:
Please note you can offer your high end clients custom models of any ship of any size, and the facility to make models of their yachts and ships.